Monday, January 20, 2014

Welcome to Wood Wishes.

Let's just get this out of the way right from the start: I am a HUGE fan of Chef John's "Food Wishes" blog and Youtube channel!  Though I've been blogging and vlogging for years on the subject of woodworking, I hadn't quite "found my voice".  I feel like I've been getting close and have been contemplating launching a new Youtube channel and blog when just the other night as I was typing the search "Food Wishes" into the search box on Youtube I accidentally mistyped "food" as "wood".  I immediately noticed the brilliant name for my new channel staring me in the face.

What I like about Food Wishes is that Chef John doesn't feel the need to be front and center.  In fact, he takes pains to ensure that the viewer feels like they are working right along side of him in the kitchen.  Like John I have a passion for sharing what makes woodworking such a joy in my life, and I have no deep-set need to be the star of my channel.

Opposing viewpoints and alternative methods are always welcome, and I'll admit right up front that I usually have at least three opinions about how to approach a task myself.  All I ask is that we keep the discourse positive and encouraging.  Questions from new woodworkers are always encouraged, and if you have limited access to tools, be sure to describe what you have available to tackle the task.

Be sure to visit and subscribe to our new Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/WoodWishes

More soon.  Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment